Rockstar have released some fantastic games over the years. The likes of Red Dead Redemption, Manhunt, Max Payne, Midnight Club, Oni, LA Noire and more. The franchise that tops them all however?… Grand Theft Auto.
Grand Theft Auto is currently the most profitable entertainment franchise ever…. With fans awaiting the release (and reveal) of GTA 6 (VI) and with GTA Online’s continued success it doesn’t look like GTA or Rockstar will be leaving us anytime soon. We still don’t know how long it’ll be before we’re treated to GTA 6 but, while we wait for that let’s take a look at some things you might not have known about Grand Theft Auto…
- Originally, Grand Theft Auto was called Race ‘n’ Chase.
- In the Grand Theft Auto prototype you played as a police officer… Not a criminal.
- GTA IV’s Niko Bellic was based on the character Sasha, from Behind Enemy Lines.
- In total there have been 15 GTA games released!
- GTA’s Carcer City is the city in which Manhunt is set.
- In GTA IV’s Statue of Happiness a heart can be found within.
- Shooting GTA Vice City’s moon will change the size of the moon.
- Looking at the Vice Point Langer hotel’s lights in GTA Vice City in between 11:00pm and midnight would reveal the shape of a penis…
- In GTA Vice City Stories, you can save Phil Collins from a sniper.
- In GTA IV’s promo art, Lola del Rio, A prostitute with 6 fingers appeared but was never included within the game.
If you’re a fan of GTA and know something we don’t let us know by leaving us a comment below. But how many of the 10 above facts did you know?
If you want to keep on top of everything video game related including random facts, news, reviews and more check out the Gamer’s Waypoint Twitter, and Facebook page. If you’d prefer why not subscribe to ourYouTube channelhere?
If you enjoyed these random retro gaming facts why not check out another trivia post here featuring Retro Games!
Source: PlayStation Official Magazine 162 (UK)
2,722 total views, 6 views today